Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Parking update

Apparently times are changing for large scooter owners, as the cops become more vary of the distinction between scooter-mopeds and scooters-in-fact-legally-motorcycles. I have been warned a couple times already in various locations to not to park on the bicycle racks or bycicle space, once in fact by a cop. Friends say they've noticed lots of scooters getting tickets even at the U. Since this is summer and not too busy, I am still parking at a huge bike rack right in front of my building. I park in the far end giving me some shade and perhaps keeping it a little further from the cops' eyes. So far I wasn't fined for this, but it looks as if I should be saving the money already ;) Other than this location, I mostly park as a motorcycle should, and almost never on a curb. Wouldn't it be great if the rules weren't based on the power but the space! If it can fit in, it should be let in!

See also: Parking

No comments: