Thursday, September 4, 2008

How you can support this site

When searching the web for information, I usually feel quite grateful finding little bits and pieces that were put there by all sorts of hobbyists or enthusiasts. It used to be, the better the page, the faster I was able to get the info and get out of there to work on my own stuff. This has changed quite a bit since I started this site last year.

This site has in fact began to draw some people this past summer. Enough to make it meaningful to keep putting my time into it, but insufficient to make it sustainable. Given large enough number of users, we could have a forum to share experience. I could also post content from other people. I'd hope I won't eventually get every possible breakdown!

Large number of visitors would warrant purchasing a spot to at least host download files such as the manual or even the entire site. The adds have not yet translated into any actual cash in my pocket. I am mostly doing them to figure out how this stuff works. All expenses have to my own and this only makes sense if there is sufficient number of people benefiting from it.

These days, when I come across a site that I find genuinely helpful, I don't just grab-and-run. Instead, I try to give something back. Usually it is not the money, but some other internet-valuables. Mostly, I try to leave links to such sites either on my own pages or forums or any other place online. This draws in more visitors - and the hosts can decide themselves what they want to do with it. If you want to help this site, think for a second if there's any way you could mention it or just leave a link somewhere. At this point, there is exactly zero links to this place in the whole world wide web (or so Google tells me). Yours could be a 100% change! This being said, of course please don't go around spamming.

Another and much more involved way to contribute is to write about you own experience. This could be riding experience, advice for beginners, or a description of some repair or modification. Reviews of dealers or store experience would be great as well! If you feel like contributing in this way, let me know! Just leave a comment here and I'll send you an email.

2 comments:

Josh said...

Anyway to get the manual uploaded or sent to me?
I can't find it anywhere!

bosstone74

at

the

hot mail dot com

Unknown said...

Good sir do you still monitor this site? I recently purchased purchased A used baron and your site has been the very useful and the only site with anything useful on it. My problem is I have a Tube hanging loose that oil drips out of causing me to go dry every day. The tube is above the transmission Case? Connected to a black almost triangle box Next to the air intake. I can't find any information On where the tube goes or what it is connected to. Please help. Bankercobb at gmail dot com.