Friday, July 18, 2008

So my small kickstand just fell off

As I parked at a store today, my small kickstand simply fell off. Good thing I kept the scoot from tipping. What fell off was a fact a piece of it -- the metal simply broke! This is a little scary if only because the frame may be of the same quality and fixing that would be a pain. It also looks like it make have broken along a welded edge because the metal is spongy and has bubbles in it. Or perhaps its just Chinese take on Swiss quality, and the metal is shit.

broken kickstand
broken kickstand - close up of the seem
Anyways, a piece of it is still hanging. I flipped it to the "up" position and rode like that. I am now at 6328km, and that's 3900 miles.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so how do you keep it up when parked?
btw, i just bought a used baron 150-R. it's a blast! and your blog is great! keep it coming! do you have a web site?
i'm planning on referencing you when i have a problem with mine... and apparently i WILL have problems. lol

YL said...

Hi there! I keep it on the center stand - the one with two legs.

I don't have any other sites about scooting, everything is here. Good luck with your new toy! Btw, your stories are welcome here!

Yarko

Anonymous said...

ahh. i thought i read in one of your previous entries that you took it off... perhaps not

YL said...

Oh. That's true. I was able to bend it a little with a piece of pipe and put it back quite some time ago. I needed this for oil changes etc.