Monday, June 23, 2008

Group ride

I went on my first group ride this Saturday. It was a small part Heck's Angels gathering at the southern suburbs. There were seven of us in all led by Paul, a tall slim guy with a kind of geeky looks, and he took us on a rather industrial route. We first went through the airport "parking" and cargo areas, with plenty of planes to stare at and for some reason also FedEx trucks. We stopped for a group picture but all the cameras just failed and so I have no picture to share (my own camera is locked in my car's glove compartment which got stuck and just couldn't be opened). It was a great occasion to refresh my group riding skills.

Got under a rather heavy rain when heading back home. The learning was obviously to always have a jacked under the seat (check) and maybe a warm sweater as well (miss).

No comments: